June 23, 2011

Voice Lessons

Cinderella started voice lessons a couple of weeks ago. When Grandma was here last, she said it was time for Cinderella to begin lessons. Not being one to know if someone has a voice mature enough for voice lessons or not, I listened to the expert and signed Cinderella up. (Grandma's a voice teacher and professor of music--she knows.)  I have a friend who is a voice teacher, so it actually works out quite nicely for us. My friend's out of a job just now, so it works out extra nicely for her, I'm guessing.  

And Cinderella liked it a lot.  She said she liked it much better than piano lessons because it was much easier. She asked if she could now quit piano lessons and take voice lessons. I said, "Sure...."

She grinned.

"...for the summer," I said, "...until your teacher starts teaching again in the fall."

"Dang," she said.  But she smiled.  I know she secretly loves piano lessons.  But she'll never tell me that.  And she'll never tell me she loves voice lessons either. 

Which is totally fine with me.  I need forms of torture that aren't really torture, and she needs excuses to hate me.  So we're both good.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for torture that turns little girls into talented, happy princesses!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails