August 11, 2010

School Starts

So, all the kids are in middle school.  Middle school!!!  I don't know how that happened, I am certainly not old enough for this.  They all had a good first day.  I signed fifteen papers after school, letting the teachers know I understood that the girls are expected to do their work and act like human beings.  Of all things.  (Seriously, didn't I realize that when I sent them to school in the first place?!)

Anyway, since they are all settled(?!) in school, I figure I can just skip town for a week or so.  So, I'm off to my brother's wedding tomorrow morning.  I'm thrilled for him and can't wait to see all of my family again.  Also, I plan on coming home super-duper educated after Education Week, so that ought to help the girls out with their schooling a bit, right? 

And now, I leave you with a picture or two.  Have a good week!
First Day of School 2010-2011
Snow White and Sleeping Beauty, 6th grade; Cinderella, 8th grade
Aren't they so grown up?  Yikes.  Here they are just one year ago:


7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh -- they are all looking so grown up!

    (Also, since when does school start this early in August? Maybe I'm just getting used to the "day after Labor Day" way they do it here in New York...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your brother congrats for us! Your girls look great...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute girls! Hope the first day of 3 middle schoolers was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure look like they have the "flower power" going. Also, I'm just not old enough for this, either...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Middle school is such a yucky place, but I'm sure they'll do great. Since you have kids that grown up, it makes you older than me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are looking incredibly and sadly oh so grown up! I agree, when did it all happen?

    Have a fabulous, relaxing, joyful week.

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference a year makes! Your girls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails