March 16, 2011

Conversations in the Car

You just never know what someone will say while riding in the car:

"Mom, did you know that so-and-so in 6th grade takes drugs and pierces her own ears and lips and nose?  I wonder what would posses her to do that.  Would you ever pierce your own ear, because if you did I think I would pass out.  Would you pass out?  Maybe you should try it...but don't let it stay or anything...let the hole close up.  That would be so, so gross.  Who would do that?"  Well, not me, that's for sure.

"Did you know everyone has a blind spot?  Mom, close one eye and put both your hands out in front of you, like this."  Um, not while driving, thanks.

"I SOOOO wish I was a puppy.  If I could have one wish, I would be a puppy.  They are so cute.  It would be so fun."  I pointed out that she would have to take a bath with her tongue.  But she pointed out that she could go to the bathroom wherever she wanted and wouldn't have to worry about toilet paper.  (I kind of think toilet paper is a good invention. I think the years of use have made me partial to it.  And the bathroom, for that matter.)

Really, sometimes I am nervous to get into the car and see what the topic of the day might be.  Scary.

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure you haven't been riding in my car? The conversations sound all too familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like deja-vu or wasn't I there? I especially remember the puppy and the piercings!Yes, very, very interesting conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so funny!

    I would have to agree. I think toilet paper is right up there as one of my all time favorite inventions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails