March 9, 2011

Whew!

Another week has flown by!  I feel like I haven't had time to breathe, much less blog.  The bulk of the week for me was spent in a migraine fog, and shuttling children to and from play practice.  I think there were some other things, but I am having a very hard time remembering what they were. 

Speaking of play practice, we are finally almost at the end of those.  Yay!  This week is dress rehearsals and the girls are getting very excited.  They are all three featured dancers and SB and C are featured soloists in two of the songs.  The play this year is Once on This Island, and they have had a fun time preparing.  (For you local readers, you are welcome to come and see the play at their middle school on Friday or Saturday night at 7 p.m.  $5 for adults, $3 for kids.  Should be fun!) 

Cinderella has also had three Skill Bowl (Academic Competition) meets in the last week.  She's been a busy girl.  One more tomorrow, and two more next week.  My favorite question in the general knowledge category today:  "What classic show featured the characters Fred and Ethel Mertz?"  The two answers given by the teams:  "Umm...Seinfeld?" and "The Simpsons?"  So funny!  Too bad C wasn't up there at the time, she knows the answer.  (And if you don't, maybe you are too young to be reading this blog!)

Grandma B is coming!  She is joining us for the girls' show this weekend.  We're excited to see her, and the girls can't wait to have her see the musical.  Cinderella also has a piano competition this weekend, and it's good for Cinderella have someone to show off her piano skills to besides mom and dad. 

So, as you can see, not a lot is going on this week.  (Ha!)  And, since it is King's spring break from school, we decided to paint the house for fun.  Not all of it, just the ceilings and walls in all of the main living areas.  So far, it looks great, and King has done a great job.  (I'd like to say I've helped, but really, the 1/3 of the edge brushing I have done was not that helpful.  I'm a good cheerleader (translation: bossy wossy), though.)  :) 

To sum up, we are in over our heads, but that's not that unusual, so we're treading along.  We just don't have a lot of time to keep you updated on our craziness.  Hopefully we will have pictures and tales to tell from our weekend with Grandma next time I get around to making a blog appearance.  Until then...

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could come and see the play. I'm sure the princesses will be great!

    I also wish I could come and do some payback painting :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails