February 28, 2013

Ten Years Later...

I was talking on the phone to my brother the other day.  As we talked, I could hear his four-year-old girl laughing and talking and asking her Daddy questions, trying to get his attention.  Also, as we talked, I interrupted him twice so I could tell my girls (again) it was time to turn off the TV and brush their teeth for bed.

"And, brush really well," I said.

And, my brother said, "Wait, how old are they?!  Fourteen?  Are you telling me that ten years from now I will STILL have to be telling my baby girl to brush her teeth, and to do a good job?"

"Well, sorry," I said, "but, yes, unfortunately.  It's very frustrating."

"Only then," he continued, "I won't be able to brush her teeth for her and put her to bed?"

"Well, yep, that doesn't work anymore.  They're kind of big."

"Aw, man."

"I'm sorry," I consoled.  But, really, I might have been talking to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails