September 21, 2010

Midnight Snack

Went grocery shopping today. I realized it was time when the girls started asking if we were having cereal or eggs for dinner.  And when my husband ever so gently said, "We have got to start making dinners again.  This is not good for our kids to have to fend for themselves.  Not to mention it is unhealthy."

Now, before you get all bugged and say, 'Well, then why didn't HE go grocery shopping?!' I will tell you that he would have.  And he would have been happy to.  I'm just better at it.  He will likely do most of the cooking, so I figured I could do the organizing and shopping.

And 222 dollars later, we have a month-long menu and most of the food to cook it up.  And it only took me all day to do it.  I took a nap after the planning, I took a nap after the list making, and I took a nap after the shopping.  Not because I wanted to nap that many times, but because my body simply would not function if I didn't.

And now, guess what?  It's midnight.  My head still hurts (although not as bad as a few hours ago) and I can't sleep anymore.  And I'm starving.  And there is now good food in the house.  Dangerous.  So much for my resolution (I make it about every week) to not eat after 9 p.m.  I thought blogging would help eliminate my need to eat (I did skip dinner because I felt too lousy to eat, so I probably do need some food) but instead it has only convinced me that I should eat right now. Because, now, I'm not sneaking around, eating alone in my dark kitchen.  I'm eating with all of you.  Thanks, guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails