December 5, 2011

The Pillowcase Project

When Cinderella found out her friend's sister had cancer, I think she wasn't quite sure what to do or say.  Kind of like all of us.  But, she was determined to do something.  Since Amanda would spend lots of hours in the hospital receiving chemo and radiation, and lots of hours resting in bed because of those treatments, Cinderella decided pillowcases might help brighten her day.  So, she got to work. 

She picked out fabric and embroidery floss. She found some fun fonts. And then she spent hours and hours embroidering and sewing.  I did help a little, but she did 95% of the work herself.  I am proud of her for working so hard to help Amanda feel loved.  I think they turned out great.  And the report is that Amanda loved opening them--one each day for a whole week--and uses them daily.  It was a great project.  Love my girl and her big heart.  

1 comment:

  1. I love that she did that. What a cool, thoughtful idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails