June 20, 2013

DC Day 1

King had a conference in Annapolis, Maryland, and we decided to join him and see the nation's capital.  I must say, Cinderella was ambivalent about going, and Snow White and Sleeping Beauty would have rather stayed home and worshiped the sun at the pool, but in the end, I think we all had a great time, and saw some really great things.  Grandma B joined us for the first few days, so it was nice to have someone along that was really excited to be there. I love Washington, D.C., and felt so blessed to be able to return after seeing it with King just five years ago.

On our way into town, we stopped at the Washington, DC LDS temple.  It's beautiful, and much bigger than I thought.



I will post our pictures and a brief outline so that I don't forget what we did, and hopefully add more details later.  And more pictures, too, once we get the ones Grandma B took.

We began our day at the National Library of Congress, the Jefferson Building.  My favorite building in DC.






Then it was time for the tour of the US Capitol Building.  I skipped this one, to conserve my energy, because it's LOTS of walking, and I had seen it before.







After lunch at the library staff cafeteria (best and cheapest place to eat in DC, folks) we went to the National Museum of Art.  Snow White, Grandma, and I loved it.  The other two liked the couches a lot.  :)







We wanted to go to the National Archives next, but the line was too long, so we just took a picture, and then walked to the White House for pictures.




 Then burgers and shakes at Ollie's Trolley (yum) and back on the Metro to the hotel to soak our tired feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails