September 2, 2010

Real Life Rambling

It's nice to be back to real life.  Except for the part where I stop taking pain killers every day because it's not good for me and I realize that my real life is sometimes not so fun.  Three of the last five days were spent in bed.  And the other two probably should have been.  Sigh.

So, anyway, there is something funny in the water here.  There are about twelve people in our ward (congregation at church) that are expecting babies, maybe more.  A couple of them had their babies, and the babies are so sweet.  I met another new little guy yesterday, just fresh from heaven.  It's interesting to me, for the first time, to not wish that any of these babies were mine.  I think this is the first time I have felt like this.  There were many years that I ached for a baby, or more babies, but that is over now.  I guess chronic headaches will cure you of baby sickness; although, I don't recommend trying it.  I do, however, recommend holding those sweet bundles of joy whenever possible.  There is nothing so precious as the smell of a newborn.  Yum.

I can't believe it's September, can you?  I went to the grocery store yesterday, though, and could have sworn it was October 1st.  There were Halloween displays everywhere.  Come on, people, no wonder there is an obesity problem in America.  Can anyone buy Halloween candy two months in advance and not eat it before you need it?  I certainly can't.  Keep it hidden from us for a while!

The twins went to Activity Days last night, and came home telling me all about this really cool new game they played: hopscotch.  I know I played it with them and Cinderella when they were in preschool, but they have forgotten.  I had no idea you could get through elementary school and not play that game at recess.  But, apparently you can.  They were amazed when I told them I had played it.  I think in 3rd grade I played it every day, and I was super good.  It's a wonder I didn't go Olympic, in fact.

Well, I better head off to do something semi-productive.  (Not that this isn't, but it is a little easier to see the productivity when your dirty clothes pile becomes clean clothes to wear.)  And I must hurry because we have another orthodontist appointment this afternoon.  Speaking of orthodontia, Sleeping Beauty got braces, and she's a cutie pie, looking so grown-up.  I'll leave you with a picture...    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails