October 20, 2010

Stranger Things Haven't Happened, Apparently

The best part about rarely making a good dinner is that when you do happen to pull your sorry self together and actually cook a real meal, people are impressed.  Yesterday I made lasagna.

"Mom, thank you, thank you, thank you.  I love lasagna.  I love you so much.  I mean, I loved you before, but I'm just so excited!" exclaimed Snow White, jumping up and down.

A few minutes later:  "Wow!  Lasagna?  Who are you making that for?" queried Sleeping Beauty.

"Um, us.  For dinner,"  I replied.

"Really?!  Why?"

"Well, because we have the stuff and it was written down on the menu for a couple of weeks ago."  Yep.  I'm behind.  Just a little bit.

"So, who's coming over for dinner?"

"No one.  Just us."

"Weird."

Yep.  That's me.  Whipping up strange and weird stuff like lasagna.  Because I'm fancy like that.

Once every couple of years or so.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, my kids have the same reaction when I make stuff like pancakes. Yah, I have a little room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I suffer from baker's guilt. Any time I made anything special, somebody (or everybody)asked "who is that for?" And yes, we will still love you any time, any where and for all the good reasons. Enjoy some time to rest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails