November 23, 2010

Another Week

Another week has somehow flown by.  And, when I try to think of what exactly I did, nothing spectacular comes to mind.  Just the regular busy-ness of every day life, I suppose. 

I've been helping the twins with research for their English papers a bit.  I dare you to ask me anything about the Red Panda or the White Tiger.  I'm pretty sure I know it all, as we had to scour every book in the library (three libraries, actually) and every internet site for something new about these obscure animals to get the required 50 facts.  Next time, we're sticking with Yellow Labs or Black Bears.

I took Cinderella to her follow-up appointment for her headaches.  She has been doing really well with the seizure medication he prescribed.  Her headaches have decreased considerably, and she's only missed one day of school  in the last three weeks.  Phew. 

We had new windows and a sliding glass door installed.  They look great, and we are so glad it is done.  And by 'done', I mean we are still waiting for them to come back and finish the inside around the sliding glass door.  It seems even when you hire someone, these home improvement projects take forever.  But, if King had done it, it wouldn't have even been started, he's been so busy, so we're glad we went the way we did. 

The past week or so has been a little rough for me headache-wise, and finally yesterday, after I don't remember how long, I made a real dinner again.  It seems everyone (my three girls) complains just as much when you make a real meal as they do when you make cold cereal or canned soup.   So, my advice would be to stick with the soup and cereal plan.  In the end, everyone (my three girls) is just as happy, and there are a lot less dishes to do.

I just thought you should know that I am an ironing wizard.  And I never even turn on the iron.  This past Sunday, three of my daughters (yep, only three) "forgot" they didn't have their clothes ironed when it was time for church.  They each asked me if I could iron them quickly, and I obliged.  I laid them all on my bed, spritzed them with water, and smoothed out the wrinkles with my hands.  It took about as much time as just turning on the iron and they looked just great.  Unless you looked at them from the back, which rarely happens, right?  Except I think we sat on the third row from the front on Sunday.  Whoops. 

And, that is just about enough rambling, I think.  If you are still here, then I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you are able to enjoy time with family and friends, wherever you may be.   

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you guys! It makes me kind of sad to think we won't be able to do our Black Friday shopping trip this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails