January 24, 2012

My Family Is Awesome

Sunday night I was in bed nursing a pretty good migraine.  But, I wanted to avoid sleeping (so I could sleep well that night) so had the door cracked and the TV on (something about cooking shellfish, I think, which I don't eat...but, anyway).  I heard bits and pieces from the conversation in the kitchen:

"...and you'll all have to be responsible for a dish, if you want that many things."

"...like a feast..."

"...had that much since Thanksgiving and..."

"...no, mine will be the best."

And I thought I heard, "...Charlie Brown..."...?  What? 

So, I was trying to figure out how they were coming up with the ingredients for a fantastic Thanksgiving feast, and drifted off to sleep, dreaming of apple pie. 

A few minutes later, Sleeping Beauty came into my bedroom and said, "Mom, the 'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Feast' is ready. Want to eat in the kitchen or should I bring you some?"

"Um, what is that?  I don't even know what it is."

"Well, you can have Ramen noodles, popcorn, Rice-a-Roni, cheesy biscuits, peanuts, and that's all.  It's like a Charlie Brown Feast.  What do you want?  Oh, and oranges.  You can choose oranges, too." 

She brought me a sampling of all the delicacies.  It wasn't the feast I expected, but it was perfect.  I just love my silly family.

1 comment:

  1. Denise1/24/2012

    For FHE a few times, we gave each of our children a dollar or two, and hubby and I each had the same. We would go to the grocery store and let them buy whatever they wanted to contribute to dinner. Besides budgeting, it also taught cooperation. Some put their money together and bought something so the meal could be more exciting. Then, we all went home and cooked up our find. We had such fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails