January 16, 2012

Well, I Tried

My sisters convinced me to join Pinterest (an online bulletin board of sorts, where you can "pin" things you find online, so you can remember the ideas and how to get back to them).  Which is really great.  Especially for someone who likes to get great ideas of things to do and then never do any of them. 

I had "pinned" a bunch of recipes to try.  So, this week when I went to the grocery store, I bought the ingredients to try three or four of them.  We tried chicken enchiladas, crock pot beef and broccoli and orange chicken.  This, I must say, was a little ambitious.  The amount of times I have made dinner in the last couple of months is paltry, at best.  So, to all of the sudden make a huge effort to make dinner, and then try new recipes was a little shocking to the family. 

The enchiladas were a little too spicy, but deemed edible by three members of the family, which is impressive.  The beef and broccoli was a no-go.  And so, when we sat down to orange chicken, I knew it could go either way.  I didn't sit down with the family, as I started making a treat (also found on Pinterest) too late and was finishing it up.  I could hear from the table how the meal was going down. 

King was being upbeat and positive ("It's very flavorful.").  Snow White was trying to find things she liked about the meal, but was having a hard time ("The sauce isn't too bad with the rice."), and Cinderella was strangely silent.  I could tell it was not going well.  And then Sleeping Beauty clinched the meal's fate when set down her fork and lamented, "I hate Pinterest!"

Needless to say, we're taking a break from new recipes for a while.  (And, SB didn't try any of the Pinterest-found peanut butter rice crisp balls for dessert, in case you were wondering.) 

2 comments:

  1. I knew there was a good reason I haven't joined Pinterest! I fear my family would respond exactly the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Pinterest is hit and miss. But you should try the chocolate peanut butter brownie bites and the black and white cookies! I found them both on Pinterest and made them this weekend. I linked them both on my most recent blog post. They both turned out great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails