August 2, 2012

Some "Low Key" Fun

We left Idaho after our visit to Yellowstone, and stopped on the way down to visit several people.  First stop was my Grandma in Pocatello.  The girls marveled at her collection of Nativity Sets.  They really are beautiful, and since it was July, she only had a few of her extensive collection out on display.


Next stop was at Arby's to visit our friends that moved west a couple of years ago.  It was so fun to see them again, even if it for a very brief while, and in a grimy restaurant. Their girls are adorable, and growing up so fast.

Then it was a quick stop to see some more friends that now live in Chicago, but were also visiting Utah.  It was so great to catch up for a little bit. And, again, their kids are growing so much.  When I see these little ones only once a year, I feel like I am living in a time warp, because surely, I am not getting older so quickly....right?  

We then settled back into my aunt and uncle, D and D's house.  They are the most gracious hosts.  I think I took a nap while they fed my family.  It had already been a long day for me.  They even found me a basement room in their home and blocked out the window so it would be a dark resting place for me. I have such a wonderful extended family!  The few days we spend there I was able to rest and gear up for more adventures, and that was so, so nice.

That evening, we met an old friend of King's for ice cream.  Nielsen's Frozen Custard, actually, which shouldn't be called ice cream, it's too yummy.  It was fun to meet their little girl for the first time.  She was darling, and our girls were in love.

The next couple of days we sort of chilled.  Well, I did.  My sister, K, and her kids were staying at D and D's house as well, and she took my girls to Lagoon with her and I stayed home to sleep and rest.  King went flying with his friend Charlton, who has a small plane.  We met up with my friend from college and her girls at the new mall in SLC, City Creek Center.


We had some time to just hang out with the ladies on my side of the family.  It was a great time.  Good food, good talk, delicious pie for dessert.  And seriously, I think my belly button still hurts from laughing so hard. ;)

King and I also enjoyed a nice dinner out with Mom and Dad, some aunts and uncles and a concert by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Memorial Concert.  It was fantastic.  I only wish we could have convinced the girls that it was a good way to spend their time.  But, roller coasters called, and Mom and Dad were glad to fill in for our girls.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails