June 1, 2011

One Last Day

Am I the only one that feels like the last couple of weeks of school are lived in fast forward mode?  It seems there are so many extra activities thrown in.  We added a three day weekend and a piano recital into this week.  But, we have made it to the last day.

Tonight, as Sleeping Beauty and Snow White were being tucked into bed, Snow White said, "This is the very last time that we will go to bed before the last day of school being sixth-graders."

To which Sleeping Beauty replied, "Well, it's also the first time it's happened."

True enough. :) But I still can't believe they are done with sixth grade.  And, WE SURVIVED having three middle school girls all at the same time.  (Just barely on some days, I must admit.  But we did it.)

Only eight more hours of finals and they are done.  Cinderella has three finals tomorrow.  So, since she should probably be well rested and ready to excel in the morning, she came into our room at 10:00 at night to explore incomprehensible and imaginative math equations.  Just for fun.  :/

She was asking how high I thought her grade needed to be on her Language test to still get an A+ if she already had 113% in the class.  Well, how should I know?  Isn't she the one with 113% in a class?  (True, it is Language, not Algebra, that she has this ridiculously high grade in, but her Algebra grade is up there, too.  Why is she asking me these questions?  I know nothing.)  She became frustrated with my inability to perceive her Language teacher's requirements and somehow come up with a mathematical equation to figure out her possible grade and turned her questioning in a more general direction.

"Do you think taking tests is a strength of mine?  Do you think I'm a good tester?"

I said, "Uh, yeah.  It's pretty obvious."

And King said, "Well, you do extremely well at testing our patience.  So, I'd say you're pretty great."

She suddenly decided to go to bed.  But not before we saw her smile that gave away the fact that the rolling of eyes and shaking of her head were all just a show.  She thinks her dad is pretty funny.  And sometimes she thinks he is a good tester, too.  :)

(And, YIKES!, after tomorrow, this girl is an official High School-er.  Please tell me the next four years won't go as fast as the last four.)

2 comments:

  1. Denise6/01/2011

    Clever Cinderella. It is good to know that some schools actually work their students up until the end. School here is pretty much over two weeks before the official end. For seniors, especially those taking AP classes, they are mentally done far earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just can't be possible--a 9th grader and two 7th graders! Yes, it will go fast, way too fast. Start your savings account for senior year if it is anything like in my town in CA. I opened my checkbook the summer before for senior pictures, and it stayed open all year. But seriously, 113%?? Wow! I'm so proud of all of them. Skype on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails