August 26, 2011

Today in Numbers

Seven:  The number of lights I had to turn off this morning after the girls ran out the door for the bus.  Am thinking of getting neon colored light switches for all rooms.  Do they make those?  It seems like I should know this.

One:  The number of times King has been to Lowes today.  Which is way less than any of the previous four days, so we're making progress. 

Four:  Major things that must still be done in the kitchen.  Back splash tile (tiler comes today--yay!), wire garbage disposal and change out outlets and switches to white (which is why I should know what other colors are available--I only spent 15 minutes in that isle trying to decide what color the outlets now installed at the end of my counter should be), put in microwave(sometime after the tile), and the floor (which may be a while.  King is pretty much maxed out on the stress level for the moment.  I'm thinking we'll wait a month for his sanity to return or save so we can pay someone to lay the floor.  King is, after all, a college professor, and not a kitchen making expert and has other work to do.  Poor guy, the timing for all this has been atrocious for his sanity.)

Two:  The number of rolls of toilet paper sitting on the girls' bathroom counter.  Any guesses as to what is on that toilet paper holder?  Yep, an empty roll.  Time for (another) lesson on how to change that roll.

Eight:  The number of days Cinderella has managed to get up in time to be ready for early morning seminary.  We won't count the one time she slept through her alarm since the first day of school she got up at 12:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m.  I'm so proud of her for being such a trooper while I slumber in my bed.  She even gives us a "ten minutes until you have to get up and drive me" wake-up call.

Three:  The number of baskets of clean laundry I should be folding instead of writing this post.

Seven:  The number of days until King leaves to see the Ole' Miss and BYU football game in Mississippi.  He's so excited, and I'm glad he'll have a chance to get away.

Fourteen:  The number of days until I leave to see my friend Lindsay in New York and then go on a cruise to Northern New England and Canada with my parents.  (I should tell you the story of how I managed to be able to invite myself on this cruise sometime.  Or how I was talked into going, really.) I am very excited.  Am I the only one that feels like poor King got the short end of the stick in the September vacation department?  Poor guy.  He's the BEST.

Two:  The number of pain pills I have already taken this morning.  Which is sort of my max for today, and it's 11 a.m.  Yikes.  I've had a pretty good streak on the headache scale as of late, but, the last two days?  Not so much.  Ugh.  I think it always hurts worse when you've had it good for a while, doesn't it?

A Bazillion:  The number of times I have thanked Heavenly Father in the last few days for the blessings He's blessed me with.  So many blessings.  But forefront on my mind this second--the opportunity to have the resources to finally fix our kitchen, the wonderful husband I have, and the three awesome brothers and dad who have limitless amounts of knowledge when it comes to all of the electrical and plumbing questions we've had.  Take for instance...

Five:  The number of times I called my brother Nate yesterday from under my kitchen sink so he could help me with plumbing.  No joke.  He's awesome.  He didn't even think I was stupid (even though I am when it comes to Teflon and Pipe Dope(that's not a drug) ) and he is so smart.  And nice.  And even called our plumbing supply place in town to see if they carried stuff we needed. 

Twenty-seven:  The number of minutes I have been typing instead of working.  Must get to those baskets of laundry and possibly move the kitchen from the living room back into the kitchen.  But, wouldn't want to rush into something like that, now, would I?  I mean, it's been so fun running from room to room trying to find utensils to make dinner.  

3 comments:

  1. Only 14 days? Hooray! I'm so excited to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad showed me a picture of your backsplash. Very pretty and looking forward to pictures of the completed project. We are counting down the days to the cruise and are so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to amaze me as a mom and as a writer. It is sheer entertainment and delight to read your life stories. I've been away and finally able to catch up a bit. I love them all. Those girls! Wow, what beautiful young women. Yes, watch out for all those "big" high school guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails