February 16, 2012

Just Life

Life has been cruising past, it seems.  We go from one busy day to the next.  I can't even pin down what we do each day--school, piano, play practice, tutoring, lunching, mutual, choir practice, homework, church, driving, and more driving. (I am counting down the days until Cinderella can do some of the driving.  :) )  It all just blurs together into one busy life.  Makes me feel tired, but happy!

Big news at our house is that SW and SB have earned enough money to purchase themselves each an iPod Touch.  I must say, it was a long time coming, but I am proud of them for working so hard at it.  Every birthday or Christmas penny, every cat-sitting or baby-sitting dollar, every "extra chore" dime they received went into their iPod savings.  Yesterday, the iPods arrived in the mail, and it was just like Christmas.  What amazes me is they know how to use them, have downloaded several apps, and seem like iPod pros--within a matter of hours.  They are a little bit bummed that these nifty little devices come with a long list of family rules and consequences, but that's how life goes around here.


Also, I must say that my husband knows me so well.  For Valentine's Day, no expensive flowers and candy for me--he knows I'm too practical for him to buy me flowers, just because he he loves me, just because Hallmark said he should buy them on the day when they are most expensive.  Oh, no.  Not an iPod either--to expensive and impractical!  Instead, he bought an "in the wall" ironing board to put into the laundry room.  Because I recently told him I am so tired of our ironing board being set up in our kitchen or bedroom.  So, I am one happy girl.  And someday, when he wants to, just because he loves me, he'll get me flowers.  :)  But now to figure out where to put the stuff that is on the shelves that the ironing board cabinet will displace...so romantic!  ;)  I am super excited.
images credit

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe in ironing. We don't own an ironing board. I'm a pull it out of the dryer quick type person and a if it doesn't say wrinkle-proof we don't own person as well. My grandmother has a heart attack every time I say I don't iron, but she irons her sheets and blue jeans too. We don't do flowers either, Phil got a new sweatshirt and I got a Pete-proof ipod case.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails