April 17, 2012

Brothers

I just love my brothers.  All of them are totally smart and very funny.  They also happen to be very capable when it comes to construction/repair things.  They all either work in construction now, or have in the past.  So, naturally, while we have been working on our kitchen and bathrooms, I have called them for advice.  A lot.  I'm sure way more than they want me to.  (It sure would be much easier if they would just come and do all this stuff, instead of talk us through it on the phone, but NO.  They live 2,000 miles away and have jobs and families and real life and stuff.)  

Nate, R.Jay, and John--at R.Jay's wedding
So, here's a sampling of questions I asked them, and their answers.  All three different brothers, mind you.

Me:  So, you think I should use the regular sealer on the tile instead of that new spray stuff that seems a lot easier?

Him:  Well, it depends on if you want to use water in your shower or not.

Me:  So, do you think we should spend the extra $40 and get the better toilet?

Him:  Well, I guess it depends on if you want to keep your dirty, nasty plunger for occasional use, or if you just want to throw it away already.

Me:  So, how important are those CGI outlets in the bathroom anyway?

Him:  Well, it depends on how often you blow dry your hair with a sink full of water and then drop the blow dryer in the sink while it's on.

Helpful, aren't they?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails