April 5, 2012

The Signs Don't Lie

Signs that today was not really my best day:
*I got all the way dressed (shoes and everything), decided to put on a necklace last minute, and thought as I looked in the mirror, 'this shirt just is not fitting right,' and realized it was because I didn't have a bra on.  Uh, whoops.  Thank goodness for necklaces.
*I put my sunglasses on my head to walk out the door and realized I had curlers in my hair.  I was already halfway to my car.
*I renewed some books online so I wouldn't have to go to the library to return them, and then when I had passed the library, had a mini-freak-out because I forgot to bring the books with me.
*I went to Lowes to look at toilet paper holders for the girls' bathroom, and looked at towel hooks instead.
*I told King not to worry about picking up his prescription at Target--I would grab it in the morning so I could bring it to him on our lunch date.  Then, just thirty minutes later, decided (clever me) that if I went to Target on the way home from lunch, I could buy milk there and not have to go to the grocery store.  Uh, sorry honey.
*I took Cinderella to get her Learner's Permit at the BMV.  She can officially drive my car if I am in the passenger seat.  I get to teach her to drive.  (I'm sure King will help.) Heaven help us all. 

Signs that today was a great day:
*I made it to lunch with King and a dear friend (with a bra on, and no curlers in my hair) and had really good food and even better conversation.
*I found some lovely towel hooks for the girls' bathroom.
*I took Cinderella to get her Learner's Permit.  In one year and 180 days, she can drive the twins anywhere I want her to, pick up prescriptions, and buy toilet paper holders.  Just simple stuff like that.  Which will certainly come in handy if I have another day where my brain works like it did today.  So, you know, just a year and a half of leaving my house on half-brain days.  That's not long, right?  Right?  Right.  We're just fine. 

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I have to admit, I do some of the same things, and I'm younger and in a lot less pain than you are. Also, HOW DID CINDERELLA GET SO OLD?? She was just a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this post had me rolling!! (Not at your expense, surely, just at the situation itself. Hahahah.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails