September 7, 2008

Happy Blog Birthday

One year ago today, I started a blog. Since then, I have created this blog as a more "public" version of ourselves. This makes it easier for people to check up on the goings-on of our family. Occasionally, just to alert close family or friends, I will mention that I have put up video, or pictures on my private blog. Because, really, most of you don't need to see "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" in four varieties or the same ballet dance three times on different stages. But, grandmas kind of like that, so I have a place they can enjoy them. Please be patient when I mention these things.

As far as my Blog Birthday goes, we had a great celebration. We even had cake. But, not really because of my "birthday." That was sort of a coincidence. We had cake because it is a family tradition of ours to do this on the first Sunday of every month. While Daddy takes each of the princesses aside to "interview" them about their stresses, hopes, dreams, goals, faith, everything under the sun, Mommy and the other two make a treat. Usually a pie. but today we went for the super-easy but still satisfying "Pastel Pound Cake." And it actually wasn't too bad, considering I used a cake mix that expired six months ago. Happy Blog Birthday to me!

3 comments:

  1. Happy blog birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm, nothing like a six month old cake to make Sunday afternoon more interesting :) What a great tradition.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails