April 26, 2010

Come Again?

So, I have this friend who has the same type of headaches as I have.  Only maybe hers are worse.  Anyway, we joke about how we want to wear our sunglasses all of the time because the light bugs us, and how we wish we had earplugs at church because it's too loud, and how we are druggies and stuff like that.  She's a great friend and someone who understands how I feel, and I don't know what I would do without her.  (No one wants to be a druggie alone, right?) ;)

She has been using ear plugs around her home the last little while.  It's something I have been saying I was going to try for some time now.  Friday, we went  to the store and she helped me pick some out.  And, they are AWESOME.

I wore them all of Friday evening when the movie was too loud for my headache.  And all of Saturday morning when the whining about doing chores was too loud for my headache.  And all of Saturday afternoon when the laughing and playing was too loud for my headache.  And, oh, how I wish I had worn them to church.  But, I didn't.  And then my headache won and I had to leave church early and sleep the rest of the day.  Ugh.

But, I did get out of bed for dinner.  And I wore my ear plugs.  It was heavenly.  And the dinner conversation went something like this:

King:  (Speaking of a ward he visits as the High Councilor) There are seven kids in their Primary.

Me:  What?  I thought it was a big Primary.  Only seven kids?

K:  No, there is one family with seven kids in the Primary.

Me:  Oh.  Whoa.  That's amazing.

K:  Yep.  They're a cute family.

Snow White:  Oh, Mom, we're supposed to bring flowers on our field trip after school Thursday.

Me:  What?  What for?  Why flowers?

SW:  No, Mom, dinner.  We're supposed to bring dinners on our field trip.

Me:  Oh.  Yes, I remember that.  Okay, we'll pack something.  What would you like?

Sleeping Beauty:  Hot muffins.

Me:  Honey, we can't keep them hot.  But I can make some.

SB:  No, not muffins.  I don't want any.  I'm sick of them.

King: Do you have ear plugs in?  Maybe you should take them out if we're going to talk.

So, I took them out.  And a few minutes later, I said,

"Can everyone try to be quieter?  Maybe don't let your fork touch your plate?  Or just not talk?  You're too loud.  My head hurts."

And then everyone agreed it's nice when I wear my ear plugs.  They're awesome.  And, next week, I am totally wearing them to church.  Can't wait to hear what my mind thinks the speakers are saying.

3 comments:

  1. That's great. I might need some and I don't even really have headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/27/2010

    I better start taking something stronger than Excedrine if I'm going to be labeled a "druggie"...KIDDING ;)

    Yeah, the earplugs can make for some interesting conversations. But, hey...if they want us present for these occasions that's the price that must be paid.

    Thanks for the laugh!

    Love ya ~

    Susan (AKA: Druggie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, woman! I just love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails