April 3, 2010

Mayo So Far

I suppose since I have a little time, I will post about my Mayo experience so far.  We are having a good time.  My friend, Kristy, is taking very good care of me, bless her heart.  Good food and great company.  She even had warm cookies and cold milk delivered to our room while we watched a movie.  And she's been so patient and long-suffering with lots of time sitting in the waiting room this week.  Just now, she's off visiting her cousin while I have been sleeping and resting, and this afternoon she is busting me out of this town and hotel room and taking me to the Spam Museum.  If that is not true friendship, I don't know what is.  To pay her back for her generosity and attentiveness, I took her bra shopping,  Wasn't that nice of me?  You know how much I love it.

As far as the whole Mayo Clinic thing goes, my over-all impression and experience has been good.  They are very organized, and very efficient.  Everyone is very, very nice and helpful.  I took out a map while sitting at the shopping center adjacent to our hotel and the clinic, and I had two people (a man with a Mayo Clinic name tag--everyone has one on around this place, and the lady busing tables) stop and ask me if they could help me find anything.

I had my original appointment Thursday.  The doctor was very nice and asked me about my head for about an hour.  I didn't even cry very much--I was very proud of myself.  After a thorough exam, he then sent me for blood work and imaging, and set an appointment up with neurology.  So, I have that appointment and a follow-up with him on Monday.  We'll see where they send me after that.    

Today and tomorrow, we will relax, watch General Conference, visit my friend Sarah and her darling family, and eat Spam.

(Just kidding--blech.)

p.s.  I bought a cute blue Mayo Clinic T-shirt.  I plan to wear it with pride, should they cure me, and burn it if they don't. :)

3 comments:

  1. I actually had the coolest postcards ever from the spam museum. They were super cool old pictures with spam cans on them and funny stories about how spam has saved someone's life. I sent my last one to phil and someone at the post office thought it was really cool and swiped it because it never made it to him. No one believes me that the museum actually exists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they cure you I will buy a shirt and wear it proudly also! I'll be praying I that I will need to buy the shirt. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. I knew I had taught you well about SPAM. I, too, would love to be able to wear a Mayo Clinic shirt because they helped you. Love and prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails