April 10, 2010

Rambling

The girls are playing basketball with daddy.  They just got back from a long bike ride.  We (yes, I helped a little, too--shocking) did yard work and mowed the lawn.  I just love Spring weather.  For some reason, this year's Spring just seems so needed.  So refreshing. 

Snow White said, "Why can't it be this weather, like, all of the time?"  King said, "It can, if you move somewhere else--Arizona or California, or Southern Utah or something.  Have fun. Good luck finding a good job."  She decided not to go.  I'm glad.

Cinderella has been writing a song.  "Right, Wrong, or Just Plain Stupid."  I think it's cute.  Look out Taylor Swift.

I went to a bridal shower this morning.  It made me feel old.  I am old.  We've been married for almost 17 years.  I am so glad I am in this place, instead of at the beginning.  It's nice to have figured the marriage thing out a bit.  Except for the whole new dishes and new towels and new cute quilt thing.  I need a bridal shower desperately.  I think you should have one if you make it to 20 years of marriage without killing your spouse or children, don't you?   

Sleeping Beauty loves shopping.  I wish I had the energy to take her more.  She talks to me when we shop, and it's fun.  She loves holding and touching things in the store, except for towels.  She has an unexplained towel phobia.  And old-t-shirt phobia.  And tights-with-a-line-on-the-toe phobia. 

Well, that's enough rambling for tonight.  I must bring the girls in and force them to shower so that we don't smell up the church pew in the morning.  (Sometimes I wish General Conference were every weekend.  I love church in pajamas.)   

1 comment:

  1. I worked at Pottery Barn for a spell, and ladies would come in and register for gifts and such when they were celebrating anniversaries. I think you're totally allowed to do that (plus, you get 10 percent off on everything on your registry if people don't buy it for you.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails