May 10, 2011

Quickly I'll Obey

Mother's Day around these parts was lovely.  The girls bought and planted flowers in the pots on my front porch.  (I should include a picture, but that would be work.)  King and the girls made crepes for lunch and taco salad for dinner.  After church, they mostly let me nap and nap (Im pretending it wasn't out of necessity.)

My favorite parts were the two notes Sleeping Beauty made for me and the sweet words Snow White said when she spoke in church that morning.  They did my heart good. :) 

Because Snow White was speaking in church, we needed to be there just a few minutes early.  She was up and ready, except brushing her teeth.  Cinderella was slow.  I was telling them to hurry and reminding SW, for the third time, that she needed to brush her teeth.  I took the opportunity to sing to her a line from a song we'd been singing with the little ones at church..."When my mother calls me, quickly I'll obey."

"Huh? What was that?" she asked. 

"You know, the Primary song:
'When my mother calls me, 
quickly I'll obey,
For Mother knows just what is best,
Each and every day.'
Don't you remember singing that?"

"No," she replied, "never heard of it."

"Well, obviously, or your teeth would be brushed by now!" I said.

And then I said to Cinderella, "You remember that song, right?  You sang it when you were little, didn't you?"

"Well, I remember it," she said, with a mischievous smile,  "but I never sang it, I didn't believe in the doctrine it taught."

What a stinkpot. :)  I just love her.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails