August 14, 2011

Ready or Not

School starts tomorrow.  The girls are ready.  I am ready.  But I am not ready.  I am looking forward to structure, some home-alone time (I need it!) and to the things the girls will learn and enjoy.  I am not looking forward to homework, deadlines, and early mornings.

This year, mornings will be earlier than ever before, despite school starting an hour later than it has in the past (8:40!)  We'll be up by 5:30, thanks to Cinderella's participation in Early Morning Seminary, a 50-minute scripture study class she will attend at 6:10 a.m.  This year they are studying the Old Testament.  I'm excited for her.  She'll learn so much and have a chance to deepen her relationship with her Savior and her testimony of the Gospel.  Thankfully, one of her teachers lives a few blocks from us and has graciously offered to take Cinderella to the church on the days she teaches.  That will make it nice for us (well, King, who (let's not pretend otherwise) will be the one to take Cinderella on the days her teacher doesn't) and our morning routine.  

In honor of our first day of school, as tradition expects, we went to our favorite ice cream place.  The girls got the same ice cream shakes they always get, even though there are one hundred choices, and we talked about the school year and the new chore schedule.  (yipee!)  It's a fun way to end the summer and kick off the new school year.

We've got school supplies and new backpacks, and much needed new shoes.  So I think tonight, after they receive special Father's Priesthood Blessings, we will be all set to go back to school.  Or they will.  I'm still not so sure.  Ready or not, here it comes. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you use parentheses inside parentheses. It proves we're related.

    One more week for us. Can't decide if I'm excited or terrified. It will be a very busy year. I think I'm going to put out a post asking for advice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails