July 3, 2008

Right Here

Last night, as we were lighting some simple fireworks, I was a little concerned that my older girls were not being great safety examples for their younger cousins. They were running in wild circles around the strobe fireworks, "Look at me! Look at me!" This, I could see, was not going over too well with the cousins' mom. And, frankly, I didn't think it was the safest thing either.

So, I warned them, "Girls, be careful, remember there are some younger and more impressionable people here watching you."

Sleeping Beauty, looking up and down the street, says, "Where?"

Cousin Prince O, who's just four years old, says, "We're right here. Me and Cousin Prince T, and Cousin Princess J."

"Oh."

Nothing like being put in your place by someone five years your junior. Poor Sleeping Beauty.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails