June 12, 2009

Busy As Can Be

Yesterday, Grandma B surprised us and came for a quick weekend visit. The girls were so excited to drive up to the airport and see her standing at the curb. She mainly came to see the dance recital tonight, but we've been able to sneak in a lunch out, a few fun games and just hanging out.

In other news, I had an MRI yesterday. A really long one. The results were that I am completely normal. (It seems I've pulled the wool over the doctor's eyes also--mwaaahaaahaaa!) ;) While I am glad nothing is seriously wrong with my brain, it would have been nice if some secret message had shown up. Maybe something like: "Her head hurts every day because she occasionally eats watermelon. Stop the watermelon consumption and give her three shots of carrot juice mixed with codeine on leap year--she'll feel fabulous." Alas, no secret messages and no miracle cures. I did take a sleeping pill last night and had eight uninterrupted hours of sleep. I wish I could say I feel like a new woman, but I learned that lying really gets me nowhere. It was nice to sleep, though.

I am starting to freak out just a little that in a mere four days I leave to visit family and friends for nearly a month. Yikes. The laundry is piled up and the list of things is so long it may qualify for it's own zip code. (Yet, it is not even written. That's how far behind I am.) So, I will now sign off. Chances are you won't hear from me more than a couple of times a week in the next month or so. I am going to try to be good about recording the fun things we do. But, I try to be good about flossing my teeth, too. And that hardly ever happens. So don't get your hopes up too high.

3 comments:

  1. I just hope you have a great vacation. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need Denny to tell you what's wrong. That will make no sense if you don't watch Grey's.

    Good luck getting ready for your trip!!!! Is this trip perhaps to UTAH??

    if so and you are in the UT county (I know your parents aren't here anymore -- but you never know?) call me!

    801-850-8388

    p.s. don't actually post this comment because I fear the amount of phone calls I might get from all the crazies that read your blog. HAHA!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your vacation! Play hard, rest well, and think of all of your blogger friends very little.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails