June 3, 2009

Things That Make You Go "Hmmm"

I decided to check out the public library's summer reading programs. With Cinderella's entrance to middle school, she also entered the "young adult" reading program. The first two classes for the young adults (grades 6-12) are about coffee art and graffiti art. Coffee is available to drink and the kids will have a chance to create creamer art and graffiti art of their own. My question is: Don't we have enough wound-up hoodlums spreading graffiti? Does the public library really have to create more?
I'm just sayin'.

(update: Ooooh-lucky me. For the adults, they have a tattoo class.) Are you kidding me?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think I'm losing my faith in "community" education. I've seen enough of the folks in my community to know I don't want them teaching much to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...this is super odd!! I agree. The teenagers of the world do not need more caffeine or an excuse to graffiti things! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely live in another state. I just ran down the summer programs here and they were all pretty cool. I realized I could only present 3 or 4 to the kids because other wise we end up doing them all. The 6 years old is going to a mother daughter book club. The nine year old will do the summer of bugs (lucky me). The 13 year decided to go with teen poetry contest, held once a month. I guess living here is not so bad, at least the librarians value the same things as I do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails