July 31, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Thanks to my littlest sister, who is a driving champion, we made it home safely.  I think she drove for 20 of the 30 hours it took us to get home.  And, despite staying in a seedy motel and getting stuck in weekend Denver traffic, we made it home all in one piece.  Most of us still had smiles on our faces. 

We made it home just in time to register the girls for middle school.  Four hundred dollars later and after thirty minutes of trying to explain to one of the sixth-graders in our family that it does matter whether you turn your locker combination to the left or the right, we feel ready for the school year to begin.  Especially me. 

My brother, though, has made the beginning of this school year even more fun.  I get to fly to his wedding the day after school starts.  This will be especially fun for King, who will still be here on the second day of school when the girls come home with lists of things that they cannot live without.  Lucky King.  And, poor me, I will be on the mountainside at a wedding and then lying about at my aunt's quiet house or attending BYU Education Week.  Life is so unfair. :)  Really, I do feel badly I won't be here for the beginning of school, but I am so excited for my brother and I have been wanting to go to Education Week for a few years now.  If only it could be at a better time.  But, we'll muddle through, and I'm sure that King will handle the misery of parenting three middle-school girls alone just fine. 

As for the next week, we plan to stop eating like we are on vacation and figure out if we have any clothes that fit us anymore.  Also, we will try our hardest to get pictures of our vacation up for the two people that read this and care.  For the other two of you, don't worry, I'm pretty sure that the girls did all of the photography, which means there are not many pictures you'll have to sift through,  :)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails