July 12, 2010

On Vacation

You may have noticed that I have been a little absent on the blog front lately.  We're on vacation.  We're having a great time, but I don't have much energy left for blogging.  We have visited generous family and friends in Oscaloosa, IA, Lincoln, NE, Laramie, WY, Orem, UT, and Kayesville, UT.  We still have Las Vegas, NV, St. George, UT, Colorado Springs, CO, and Kansas City, MO on our list for the next two weeks.  (It sort of wears me out just thinking about it.)

We are so grateful for our family and friends who are kind enough to let us bunk in their houses (including an aunt an uncle who moved into their beautiful new home just last week, and I now sit typing in their guest bedroom.)  The girls have loved every minute, and have made themselves at home trying out video game systems, sampling delicious food, arguing just like at home, jumping on trampolines, playing games, and helping with an early morning paper route. 

We're all glad to have 28 of the nearly 64 hours of driving under our belt.  Books on tape have helped the time pass more quickly.  We loved The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, and are now enjoying Science Fair by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson.  I haven't quite convinced them that they'll love Sarah, Plain and Tall, the third CD book I checked out from the library before leaving, but I'm hoping the prospect of staring out the window at long stretches of Kansas will convince them to give it a try, as it is one I remember loving as a girl.
 
So, it's likely I'll be scarce around these parts as we vacation.  So many people to see and not enough hours to do it in makes for a busy schedule that I have a hard time keeping up with.  But, I do hope to document some of it eventually, for posterity's sake, anyway.  In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your summer, and think of me fondly when your children argue on the way to the grocery store--it could be worse, you could be trapped in that car with them for 64 hours! :)    

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/12/2010

    Hey friend,

    Miss you!! I was going to send you an email this morning but hopped on here first and figured I'd write a comment since I rarely do.

    Praying for safe travels, some restful moments and the making of lots of great memories. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

    Tell the rest of the royal family we said hello! :)

    Love you,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Sarah Plain and Tall! I wouldn't even try to get Kyle to read it but we rented the movies from the library and I'm still working on him to give them a chance :( But I'm right there with you on how great they are! Hope the rest of your vaca is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you probably felt miserable, but I'm very glad I got a chance to talk to you at the reunion. Your girls are darling, especially to someone who is dreading the teenage years. I only wish they wanted to play with my baby for part of their vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting the fighting trips to the grocery store into perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the entertaining reading, very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I have been sitting on those pictures for a while now, trying to find the time to send them to you! So, today, I posted them on my blog! Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you enjoyed Goose Girl you should read The Princess Academy. That one is my favorite of Shannon Hale's books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails