January 10, 2011

An Announcement

We interrupt our regularly scheduled reporting of the vacation for this educational service announcement:

IF it is less than 32 degrees, a coat is not required IF you are:
  • a)  between the ages of 11 and 14 years of age
  • b)  crazy
  • c)  stubborn, and don't care what your mother thinks
  • d)  renting a locker at school that is only slightly larger than a postage stamp, OR
  • e)  all of the above.
Which is why, I suppose, that for the past four days of school, (including this one, which feels like 10 degrees with the wind chill) my girls' coats are in the coat closet, and not on their bodies.  I tried to point out to them that there could be situations where they would regret their decision, such as a broken down bus, or one without heat.  But, I "don't get how the school works", apparently, because "the administrators would never let that happen...there's loads of buses, and they would just send a working one."  Duh. 

So, I just thought I'd let you know, as to save your precious worrying time or possibly the energy and breath to talk sense into your children.  Don't bother.

And now you know. 

3 comments:

  1. The rhetoric is the same here. "I can't play basketball with a coat on I get too hot", "and my coat won't hang on a hook." Of course I can't say they will get sick, because we all have been told that's not true anymore. What's a Mom to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wore my coat because if I didn't and I got sick (related or not) I had to pay all the copays! It quickly stopped me from wearing shorts before it was 70 outside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is the case, save the money and don't bother to buy them coats next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails