January 31, 2011

Well

Along with the rest of the mid west and eastern regions, we are bracing for what looks to be a nasty wintry mix that is promising to cause lots of snow, ice, blowing, power outages, and school closings.  In fact, I am quite certain that because I am sitting here typing instead of shopping, there may not be a gallon of milk or loaf of bread left when I finally head out to run errands. 

I was telling the girls that I hoped we would not have to cancel school.  Who wants to go to school in June when the weather is lovely when you could go in February when the weather is miserable?

"Well, it's obvious that you're not the one that has to walk out to the bus every day in the freezing cold," piped up one daughter.

To which I (maturely) retorted, "Well, it's obvious that someone is right about it being a good idea to wear your coats out to the bus."

"Well," added another daughter, "It's obvious someone's never had to try to cram all their stuff in a minuscule locker."

And one showed where her true worries lie.  "As long as Papa Johns stays open so we can order pizza for our birthday party, who cares if we have school or not?"

Well, I do.  But, I'm good with the pizza plan, too.  I wonder if they deliver during ice storms? 

2 comments:

  1. They do deliver. We got a pizza tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in MN we always had some storm to prepare for. I remember one such night, as the snow flurried on, my family ordered pizza. The snow was so high that we couldn't open the door, so my brothers dug a tunnel for the exchange to take place. One little hole for the money, and a slot long enough for the pizza. They managed to do all this through a window if I remember it correctly. All accomplished before the pizza guy arrived! So, yes, I guess they will still deliver in a blizzard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails