September 25, 2011

Returning

Physically, I am back home.  Mentally, (or more accurately, health-wise) I am not completely here yet.  I am so glad I went on the trip, and so happy to be back home.  I loved spending time with my parents, but I missed my girls and husband.  I feel like I need a two week nap after my busy vacation to gear up to handle the normal strains life puts on my body. 

Yet, since returning home, we have been to one track meet (which we mostly missed because we didn't know the location was not going to be at the school), two church meetings, dinner out, lunch out (we can't possibly stay home and eat when our grandparents are here to take to our favorite places), and a myriad of shopping trips.  We (and by we, I mean my dad and my husband, but I was present) have installed light fixtures, worked on base boards, refinished our table, done laundry (that was mostly Mom), played games and cheered for BYU and BSU.  We have had fights about showers, clothing, homework, and dishes (that was mostly my girls). 

And it seems with a new week starting tomorrow, there is no rest for the wicked.  Snow White has a out-of-town county cross country meet tomorrow, and then there is piano, mutual, homework, meetings, work deadlines and the normal life of a busy household.  All that to say, I am so glad I went, and so glad to be back, but am not likely to tell you much about anything (either what is going on here, or what happened in New England) in the next few days while I get back my brain.  Or at least the part I normally function with.  I know, you are waiting with bated breath. :)  I'll try to hurry.

p.s.  I have 823 pictures from my trip--from my camera, Dad's camera, and Mom's camera combined.  I haven't even gotten the good pictures from the two photographers in my family that were on the trip.  If that doesn't scare you away, I don't know what will.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I talked to a friend who did the same trip 2 weeks before us. She took 9000 photos! I almost fainted. I hope you subscribe to Dave's photo blog. He has posted some wonderful pictures(a beautiful one of the tribute lights in Manhattan)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails