October 28, 2011

Beautiful Heartbreak

I think this song has a beautiful message.  How many times have we wished something hard would go away, but then realize that our relationship with our Savior is so much deeper and it wouldn't be if the trial had disappeared?  God works in mysterious ways, and sometimes our greatest heartbreaks bring the biggest blessings.  I can testify of that.  (Thank you annoying headache that will never, ever go away; among many other things.)

What?  You don't have trials?  Never mind then.  This won't apply to you.



 1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

 John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Doctrine and Covenants 58:2-4:  2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.
 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails