June 3, 2010

Celebration Time

We had lots of reasons to celebrate yesterday.  It was King's birthday.  Thirty-nine.  It's strange that we remember our parents being the same age we are now, but they were older.  Or something. 
He loves the posing for the blowing out the candle picture.  And also, don't you love that cute birthday banner my friend Wendy made me for my birthday?  So cute.

Earlier in the day, the twins graduated from elementary school.  It's hard to believe my babies are headed to middle school.  How did they grow so fast?  They each spoke for a second during the program, thanking their principal, teachers, parents and staff, and I was just amazed at how grown up they are becoming.



The program was great, complete with performances on the guitar and recorder.  It was a tender ceremony, as the school is closing this year.  They are the "last class to graduate" and it is hard to believe.  We will miss the teachers and staff.  We have had nothing but good experiences with our girls at this school the past four years.  The principal is wonderful; the girls adore him. 


Their teacher has been fantastic.  According to the girls, he is the funniest, smartest, best guy they have ever met.  I don't think I'll give him that much, :) but I will agree that he is one of the best teachers I have ever met, and we are praying that he will find a job very soon! (This was his first year teaching, and because of the school closing, he doesn't get to stay.) :(


We are so proud of Snow White and Sleeping Beauty, and all of their hard work through their elementary years.  They are great girls and we love them so much!
(Thanks to my friend Susan for half of the pictures in this post!)

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe these girls are that old. Congrats to the King for his excellent posed pictures and for his turning 39.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look so beautiful and handsome! What a wonderful, but sad day. It must be so cool to have a twin to be there with you (tell that to the twins, will you!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, when you said "he's 39", my initial reaction was "sure, sure" that's what they always say, but he IS 39! Wow, what does that make me (don't say it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Middle School? Holy crap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails