June 9, 2010

Miracles

Yesterday, for the first time in what seems like forever, I woke up without a real headache.  For a tiny second, I was excited, until I remembered getting up at 4:45 a.m. to take pain medication because I was so miserable.  So, not such a miracle after all.  However, it was a nice start to the day where miracles did occur. 

All of the girls did ALL of their assigned chores before dinner time.  And there was only one meltdown.  Something about it not being fair that she had to pick something up before sweeping.  Because her chore was to "sweep the dining room" not "clean the dining room."  It said so, "right on the chore chart!!"  She got over it.  Eventually.  She was only 1/2 hour late for dinner, too. 

Also miraculous:  it seems that volunteering at the library is actually fun.  Not the session of torture I had apparently signed them up for.  They sorted DVDs, sorted beads for crafts, sorted books, and learned how to sign people up for the summer reading program.  Then they picked out several books to bring home and we didn't see Cinderella for hours.  It was lovely.

And Snow White finally remembered to keep her "thumbs tucked" (I don't get what it means either) during her dance rehearsal.  It seems that this was the greatest miracle of all, judging from her excitement.  I had no idea thumbs were such a big part of ballet. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you awoke without a headache (no matter how you arrived at that point.) I could have told the girls that volunteering at the library is tons of fun. Do you think one of them could be a budding librarian?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails