June 12, 2010

Hair Conditioned

I now sit at an internet cafe in a tiny town where King has been at a work conference.  The family joined him last night, and this morning, he took the girls swimming.  An activity which, had I participated, my head may have not let me drive home.  So, I retreated to this cool, air conditioned refuge, complete with hot chocolate (the air conditioning really works) and calming 80's elevator music.  I trust that I am having as much fun as the swimmers, if not more.   

This past week we have kept fairly busy.  The girls spent time volunteering at the library and the cultural center.  Activities which keep them busy and help others, so it's all good.  (Except for the running them around town part--that part is exhausting, but worth it.)  One day a kind friend of ours did some of the running for me and fed us lunch.  And, while I'm on the subject of really good air conditioning, I should tell you about hers.  It went something like this...

"It is freezing in here," said our princess friend, M. 

"No it's not," said her queenly mom, "the thermostat says it is 70 degrees, that's just perfect."

"I think it's freezing," said Snow White.

"Well," I said, "I think it's nice . You probably think it's cold because we keep our thermostat much higher, because..."

Snow White interrupts, "Yeah, cause our dad has no hair, so it's hard for him to keep warm."

That girl is killing me lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails