April 18, 2011

A Change of Focus

Today was Snow White's first track meet.  She has been wanting to be on a track team since she was in first grade and her gym teacher told her she had a 'natural stride'.  She ran the 800 meter and 1600 meter races.  She did not place, but did finish first out of all the sixth grade girls.  Her (lofty?) goal was to not finish last, so she was thrilled with the performances. 

We were talking about how she loves exercising (yes, definitely she didn't get that from ME) and I asked if she missed ballet.  She didn't take ballet this year because she wanted to try track, be in the school musical, and adjust to the whole middle school routine, and it was just on a bad night.  She misses it a lot, and says she misses the workout and is disappointed in her loss of flexibility.  So I suggested that since she's got a handle on this middle school thing, maybe she could return to ballet next year.  And she gets a very serious look on her face and says,

"Well, I've been thinking about that, and I think for the next couple of years I am going to just focus more on my track career."

I just love her.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun personality! Love her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl knows what she wants. I like that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails