April 14, 2011

Florida Is Better Than Laundry

I spent last weekend in Florida.  My dear friend N and I went to visit our bestest friend W, who moved to Orlando in the fall.  We had a lovely time.  We stayed up way too late talking, we soaked up the sun at the pool and the beach, we kissed W's baby's scrumptious cheeks, and we shopped and ate quite a bit as well.  And, I must say, it was a delightful time.  I am ready to go again.
However, I did miss my girls and my husband and it was nice to come home to them.  They even made me a 'Welcome Home' sign.  It was not so nice to realize that lying on the beach with a headache is SO much easier than understanding Cinderella's Algebra homework with a headache.  Or grocery shop with a headache.  Twice I have been to the grocery store since I got home and TWICE I left a bag behind so that the poor checker had to run after me.  Also, I did a load of laundry without putting soap in.  Sheesh.  I don't think that my body is cut out for these every day things.  Lame. (However, some of this stuff may be because my body is not cut out for vacation, and has some recovering to do!)

While I was in Florida, my cousin shared a humorous story with me.  Her husband had asked about my headaches, so they were talking about how I'm doing over dinner.  Her eight-year-old son was curious and asked what was wrong with me.  They explained that basically I've had a really bad headache for five years, and her son says, "Why?!!  Are her kids really annoying?"  So funny.  I assured her that if my kids were the problem, they'd have been gone years ago. :)  I just love the innocence and simplicity of the way a child's mind works.

Well, I'm off to tackle some (re-do) laundry.  A never-ending quest.  The girls are heading to an overnight Book of Mormon Read-a-thon tonight, and for some reason, they want to take clean pajamas.  Picky, picky.

3 comments:

  1. What a great getaway! And it was good to see the N came along. I think of her often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful baby girl! I'm so glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky ducks! You want to bring N with you when you come here in the fall? I miss you both a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails