April 28, 2011

For the Record

I've spent hours the past couple of weeks turning the posts of my first blog into a book.  It has certainly surprised me how much the girls have grown since the fall of 2007.  I also can't believe how much I would have forgotten if I hadn't written it down.  (Some things may have been best left forgotten, perhaps...)  I'm so glad I have the record, and I think it is going to be really great to have it in book form so we can all browse through.  My goal is to do 2009 by June and 2010 by September of this year and then at the end of this year, I'll do 2011.  It's going to cost me a small fortune, so spreading it out will be good.

And speaking of keeping a record of what's been going on, I should sum up our activities of the past week.

Easter weekend was nice.  We gathered with some friends to have a dinner and "Egg Fight" on Saturday night.  I'm not sure if the girls had more fun with the activities, or spending time with all of the babies that were present.  They all love to hold babies and followed the moms around, hoping to snag a baby.  (No pictures--I was there, but only just barely.  While I participated a bit, and ate some, I spent half of the time lying on the couch with my trusty ice pack.) :(

Sunday the girls and King went to church.  I spent the morning sleeping so we were able to have a family over for our traditional Easter Passover-ish dinner.  The girls always love to eat on the floor and fill up on boiled eggs and olives.  Then the kids played games and the adults chatted until the adults were finally convinced to play a few games.  It was a nice time. 

This week, we've had rain and more rain.  (Actually, that kind of sums up our month.)  But, somehow, the clouds cleared enough for us to go to a track meet.  This was Snow White's first home meet and she did well.  Well enough that she is joining the "A-team" for an away meet today.  (Windy, 55 degrees, ominous clouds--yikes.)  She is excited and loves it.  I'm glad.

I also ought to mention that Cinderella is really jumping ahead on her piano recently.  She is learning "Send in the Clowns" for recital and is also working on some songs from Wicked.  (She's obsessed with that show's music.)  I really want her to learn a song she could play at church, but she thinks I'm dumb when I mention it.  (Frankly, she thinks I'm dumb 90% of the time lately.)  It's nice to see her jut sit down at the piano and play for fun.  I'm hoping this continues for a while.    

All three girls brought home good mid-term report cards.  They each have a class or two they could work a little harder in, but they are doing well, and I cannot believe we only have 5 more weeks of school this year.  Where has the time gone?!  I DO NOT want this year to be over, because then I will officially have a daughter heading to high school and I really am just not old enough for that.  Yikes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Cinderella starts hight school next year?!! I just didn't realize!
    I remember playing Send in the Clown. Love that song. I need to find the sheet music and learn it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who did you publish your blog through? I know people seem to like blurb....did you use them? Or someone else? Thoughts on the process?

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoEllen, I did use Blurb. The process is fairly easy, as it "slurps" all of your content for you. It takes a while to re-format it if you want to change sizes of the pictures, etc, but it's pretty straightforward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Queen,

    I love reading the updates on your kingdom! I wish the girls lots of success in their various activities.

    I am wondering if Cinderella would try an experiment for me. Supposedly, it is much easier to learn a piece of music if you learn it from the end back towards the beginning, i.e., you memorize the last line first, then the next to last line, then the next to next to last, etc.

    The theory is, that as you play the piece, you are progressing towards parts that you know better and better, so confidence increases and performance nerves go down. Would you ask her if she would try it and let me know how it goes? I'm not a piano player so I can't try it myself. :-)

    Love,

    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails