March 30, 2012

The Week Flew By!

So, I had a lot of people ask me if my headaches were better when the girls were gone--I guess theorizing that the quiet and relief from the stress of being a mom could somehow change my condition. That would have been nice, but no such luck.  I had a few pretty lousy days.  But, I also had a nice time spending time with King and going to the temple with him.  Such a special spirit of peace is in the temple.  I love putting aside the worldly cares and going there to learn and think of the eternal.  It strengthens my faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement for all mankind.  I am grateful I was at least able to feel well enough to do that.

Other than that, I must say I did not do much that was productive.  I didn't get any blogging done, which I wanted to.  I did clean, vacuum and shampoo the car.  Oy.  It took me pretty much a whole day.  Yep, it was that bad.  (And, in case my dad is reading this (he won't), I'll just say, Sorry, Daddy, I know you taught me batter than that.)  But, it looks great now.  In fact, it hasn't been this clean for months.  (Uh, sorry, Dad.)  And judging from the day it took me to recover from this deep clean, it won't look like that again for another few months.  (Yep, sorry Daddy.) 

King worked very hard on the bathroom this past week.  I will post pictures, for the three of you that care, very soon.  (Or as soon as I am able.)

The girls are back, and happy as ever.  They LOVED their time with Grandma and Papa and Uncle Sean and Aunt Rebecca.  I still haven't seen any pictures, but when I do, I will be sure to share some with you.  Today we are cleaning our rooms so that we can go see The Hunger Games.  We've been waiting for months!

Then, this weekend, it is one of my favorite weekends of the year:  General Conference.  Join me in watching if you'd like, on lds.org, or on your local BYUTV channel, at noon and 4:00 Eastern time both Saturday and Sunday.  You will be uplifted and feel the peace our Savior brings!   


2 comments:

  1. It flew by for us too and we all had a great time! I miss them so much and the house seems very dull without them! You will find many pictures! Check out the CDs Papa made also. Can't wait till next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lips are sealed! Look forward to pictures of the big California trip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails