January 26, 2010

Be Careful What You Say

Just now I was talking on the phone with a friend.  We are going to another friend's house for lunch tomorrow (yay!) and were discussing the menu. 

"Well," said I, "I have some cookie dough in the fridge.  I'll pop some in the oven and bring cookies."

She said, "Are you sure you are feeling up to that?"  (Yep, she knew it's been one of those not so fabulous weeks for me.)

"Oh, sure, it will be fine.  They're already mixed up.  It will take me ten minutes to cook them.  Or I'll bring the dough and we can eat that."

"We could even bake them at N's house and then her house would smell nice, and they could have fresh cookies," she said. 

"Ooooh. Good idea.  That's what we'll do."

We chatted briefly about cancer (it sucks) and headaches and yucky things, and about Disney World and cookies and happy things.  And then we hung up. 

And I went to check on the girls and their homework progress.  And guess what they were eating? 

Oh, yes, they sure were.  With spoons.  And extra chocolate chips on the side.  (Sigh.) 

1 comment:

  1. At least you can be assured that your daughters have good taste.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails