January 9, 2010

The Family Pics


In the Fall, we needed our pictures to be taken.  The grandparents would be unhappy indeed if they didn't get copies for Christmas.  And, for the last several years for Christmas cards, we have sent pictures of only the girls.  It was about time our friends and families saw how wrinkled and bald we've gotten over the years.  So, we grabbed our friend and favorite 4th grade teacher, and headed to campus.

It was a bright, beautiful day--which is lovely, but it made taking pictures of the girls with their darn transition lenses a little bit annoying.  (Why did I buy those things anyway?)  In the end, we got some great pictures, thanks to Carolyn's talent.  And, we had a good time.  Especially the girls.  They ate it up, and thought they were movie stars.

The girls laughed at King when we got the pictures back, because he only smiled big for two pictures:  the ones where I was kissing him.  Cinderella told me that I should have kissed him before every picture so he'd have a real smile.  Now, I love him more than anything, but at around 200 pictures taken, I think even he would have been tired of the kisses.  Maybe.   

I'm not sure if it was because our photographer was the girls' former teacher, or if they were just in good moods, but they were remarkably well behaved and cooperative.  Although, one of my favorite pictures is one where the true family dynamics peeked out a little bit.  Here we have Cinderella bothering Snow White while Sleeping Beauty resides in her own little untroubled world.  Just like most of Winter Break around here. 


(And, Grandmas--if you are feeling bad that I didn't print that last one for you, just let me know, and I will send over a 16x20 as soon as possible.  It ought to look gorgeous framed for your living room wall.)

6 comments:

  1. I love them! I can't believe how grown up the girls are. We sure miss all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures looks so good! I like the blues you're all wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Tell the girls they are beautiful and good for them for cooperating. Not an attribute our chil'ens have much of. You guys look great as well, whatever wrinkly, as for bald...well it runs in the family!
    What are we doing this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I love all these extra views and love the ones we got for Christmas. You are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! You got some great pictures. I agree with the girls...King does look awful happy to have you planting a big fat kiss on his royal cheek.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails