January 28, 2010

Party At My House!

You are invited to the party of the decade!  You won't want to miss it.  We will be celebrating three simultaneous fantastic events:  my insurance company's decision to deny my appeal for coverage of Botox treatment for chronic migraines (on the grounds that it is "experimental"); the Doctor's declaration of failure of said treatment (not that he had to tell me that); and my return to a (false semblance of) real life, in which I stop maintenance medications that are not working, and instead use (and teeter on the brink of abuse) Excedrin anytime I dang well feel like it, no matter the consequences (stomach pain, jitters, bounce-back headaches, kidney failure--all good stuff!) so that more people around me will continue to think I feel fabulous all of the time.  Wahooo!

No gifts please--unless you can get your hands on one of those Costco size bottles of Excedrin or have found a new kind of ice pack that stays frozen for a full night.  Those I will accept.  Please bring drinks to share (non-alcoholic--dangit!) and plenty of chocolate.  Well, actually any kind of sweets will do.  I will be providing the artwork (lots of MRI films--they are so hip and modern framed and hung on the wall), the reading materials (lots of medical records!), and more chocolate.  And party hats.
More details will follow.  I will decide on time and date when I don't have a headache anymore.  So, um...watch for that...um, yeah.  It's gonna be super-duper fun. :) 

7 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! So sad that that happened! Thanks goodness for tax time, huh?! Get better and let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what you must be experiencing. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaarrrgg! Just had to throw that out there. So sorry. Think about you all the time. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can bring chocolate and excedrin any time. We don't have to wait for the party - just name the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bring the candles and the matches... you can burn anything that you feel like burning. Obviously not chocolate or excedrin.

    And party hats are dumb, but I'll make an exception for this party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails