January 7, 2010

Real

Last night on the way home from piano lessons:

Me:  So, how do you think it is going with your teacher?  How are your Czerny exercises going?

Cinderella:  I HATE them. A lot.

Me:  Yeah.  They'll get easier.

C:  Yep.  Mrs. S said soon everything will come naturally, and when I do the correct technique without thinking about it, then I know I'm doing it right. 

Me:  Hmmm...

C:  Technique is really important.  Fundamental.  Everything is easier if you have it down.  Mrs. S is really good at it.  She loves it.  She is a real piano teacher.

[Insert hallelujah chorus here]

(Now, I know she didn't say she loved her, but being real is pretty darn good.  Maybe we are not throwing our money away.)

Me:  (so as to seem disinterested, completely nonchalant, and as clueless as a mother of a teenager should be, and to avoid Cinderella noticing that inside I am doing the happy dance)  Oh, cool.

C:  Yep
 

3 comments:

  1. Yep, it's probably best to keep all deep-seeded approval to yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that piano teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails