March 24, 2009

Comfortably Cooking

Apparently all we ever do anymore that is exiting enough to mention on this here blog has to do with food. (I guess I shouldn't be surprised I weigh more than I want to. Hmmm.) Anyway, we had this great conversation on the way home from church Sunday when discussing our meal plan for the day:

King: I think we should just make Ham Fried Rice when we get home.

Me: Yeah, that sounds fine.

Snow White: No! Please, not that! It's not comfort food.

King and Me: What?!

Snow White: That's not comfort food and I need comfort food today. Can't we have something else?

Me: Well, what's comfort food?

Snow White: I don't know. Something cheesy or something. Something I like. Anything. Just not that. I need comfort food today. It's been a rough day.


Okay. So funny. I'm not really sure why she had a rough day. We'd been at church all morning, like always, and she couldn't really put her finger on why she needed the comfort food. She just did. I never refer to anything I make as comfort food so I have no idea where she got this from. My guess is Food Network; I don't think Paula Deen makes anything that isn't comfort food.

We ended up making Sesame Chicken and noodles. That satisfied her need for comfort and no one else really cared what we ate. It's definitely not what I would have called comfort food. Give me the doughnuts and gooey grilled cheese, or something with more fat than my pinky. However, I told Snow White real comfort food is usually carrot sticks and celery. I don't think she believed me, but it was worth a try.

2 comments:

  1. Yeh, I'm not fallin' for the celery & carrot sticks either! Funny, I sent David out last night to bring me in some 'comfort' food. He brought home an apple pie:-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. Why is it that comfort food is always food that is not as good for you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails