March 30, 2009

Dreaming Big

It's too quiet around here today. The girls were home last week for their Spring Break. We stuck around here and did some fun things (which I may get brave enough to post about later) and had a good time. I miss them today.

Well, except for the fighting and the whining about chores. That I don't miss. It took Sleeping Beauty ten minutes after getting off the bus last Friday to use the argument, "But, why do I have to do that now? It's Spring Break." As if that excused her from doing anything but lying in the sun and drinking lemonade for an entire week. Even I only do that every other day (in my dreams...)

One of us did more than just play, though. Cinderella spent five hours one day with one of her church leaders (who, by the way, is a saint) and learned to sew a skirt. She also made a blanket, but it's a gift, so I won't show it to you. She picked out the fabric for her skirt, cut it out, sewed it up, and then modeled it for all of you. However, I only had ten seconds before church to take the picture, so it's terrible and doesn't do the skirt justice. It's much cuter than it looks in the picture. So cute that I am thinking of starting my own little sweat shop where she sews skirts and I sell them on Etsy for loads of money. I'll be rich. I may get to start lying in the sun and drinking lemonade for real. She might have to quit school to keep up with the demand, but she'll always have her skirt skills to fall back on, right?

12 comments:

  1. That is really darling! I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the print! Congratulations on passing on your sewing skills(cough, cough).

    It only took Alpine 23 years to figure out you could give a week spring break Saturday through the next sunday instead of Wed. through Tuesday.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cute. (Please pass on my praise to her.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think I could hire Cinderella to make a skirt for M? Cinerella did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise3/30/2009

    So cute, and I love the blouse also. The new picture of is funny (o.k., maybe it isn't new and I just noticed it).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sewing is such a great skill to have, and one I wish I was better at. Keep it up, the skirt turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I really love the fabric. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks so cute, and you are an evil genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The skirt turned out so cute! My little girl was so jealous that Cinderella got to learn to sew...she talked about it for a long time after we saw you guys!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job! I like that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's darling. What a talented princess. But who may I ask is the model? Surely not Cinderella. No, must be some beauty queen!

    Too tall, too grown up, too amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails