February 22, 2010

Some Shopping Advice

When my dad thought it was a great idea for me to fly to my sister's house for a week to help her with her new baby, I agreed.  When he thought it was a great idea to buy a cheaper ticket to Dallas where I could also see my friend and cousin, I heartily agreed.  And, narrowly missing the looming snowstorm, off I flew.

I landed in Dallas only an hour late, and got to be there for their biggest snowstorm of the decade.  (Lucky me.) But, before their snow blew in, I enjoyed a day of shopping and eating with my fabulous friend.  I needed jeans, a skirt, and a jacket.  I got Cinderella two dresses, and Sleeping Beauty and Snow White four shirts.  I always do that.  Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to buy stuff for me, you know?  The girls look so much cuter in their clothes than I do in mine anyway.  I did try on several pairs of jeans, but didn't find any that I liked.

Once I got to Oklahoma, I intended to help my sister out a little.  I forced helped her to make a shopping list, and we headed to Aldi and Sam's Club to purchase food for the month.  That is where I found my jeans.  And they really are cute. Our other sister called as we were leaving Sam's Club.  "What are you up to?" I asked.

"Just shopping," she said, "I need some clothes."

""You should totally go to Sam's Club.  I just got the cutest jeans."

Silence.  I think she was so stunned by my brilliance, she didn't have anything to say.  "What?" I asked, "They're really cute."

She laughed.  I'm sure she was laughing because she was so silly to not think of going there herself. 

And then she changed the subject.  Probably because there is no Sam's Club where she lives.  Poor girl.  She'll have to miss out on the coolest fashions.  Sad.

(Seriously--the jeans are cute.  And they were only 14 dollars.  Sweet.) 

3 comments:

  1. They really ARE cute! I think Em just stopped talking because she might have started crying because she was so jealous. We should have bought a pair and sent them to her. We could have all been matchy match! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute jeans and only $14....way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't shop at Sam's Club because I never leave there without spending over $200. So I'm afraid the "bargain" would be lost on me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails