February 24, 2010

It Was Snow Fun

When I went to visit my sister, I planned to be gone for eight school days.  Truth be told, I felt it was a little long. But I also knew that King would be there every morning to get the girls off to school safely, and that, minus two days, he'd be there when they got home.  Arrangements were made for those two days, and I felt pretty good about them being well taken care of.  They would be in school for around seventy-five hours of the time I was gone, leaving King plenty of time to work, and King could handle everything. (He's fabulous, in case you didn't know.)

Well, that is what I thought would happen.  Instead, they had six snow days and two delayed days, giving them ten hours in school and many hours of unsupervised Wii and TV time.  They thought it was great.  They missed me, but they also loved having the down time with technology they don't normally get, and absolutely loved their new dancing Wii game.  Cinderella is mad I didn't let her go with me on the trip.  She could have made up those two 1/2 school days in her sleep, she says.  It would have been great to have the girls with me, but no one can predict the future, so they were home.

Anyway, we all survived the days apart.  King had it the worst.  (He always does.) :(  It was stressful for him to deal with the delays and the changed activities because of weather, etc.  But, he is a trooper, and he did swimmingly.  We're all recovered (even me, after too much Excedrin use on my trip) and we're back to normal life as we know it.  Whatever normal is.

2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love a good snow day!? But seriously, 6? Wow, that's a lot! I'm sure the girls were totally bummed that you weren't there to tell them to shut of the Wii. :) They're so cute shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/02/2010

    Snow days are great until you get to the end of the school year and you have to make the days up. What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails