February 22, 2011

Failing Health

Cinderella has a cold.  I let her stay home from church on Sunday, but told her she could not miss any school, so must rest and get better.  Buck up and take it like a (wo)man.  On Monday morning, she got up early to shower and begged me to take her to the doctor at the QuickClinic.  "Please," she said, "It won't take very long, and I just don't think I can face gym class feeling this dizzy and with my ears hurting this much."

I figured she was serious.  I begrudgingly took her to the doctor, and said, "Can you check her ears?  She says they hurt, but I think she's fine. She needs some Sudafed and Tylenol, and a big glass of orange juice."  The doctor looked in her ears and said, "Um, ouch!  Really bad."

Whoops.

She stayed home from school yesterday and nursed her double ear infection.  I nursed my failing Mother's Intuition. 

This morning, she felt a lot better.  At least I felt that she seemed like she felt a lot better.  She felt well enough to tease her sister, whine about lunch options, and complain about boring Science classes.  So, she's back to normal. 

I think. 

She's probably got pneumonia. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails